NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!:)

Hello, I'm Wisp. I don't have an African Grey or any other kind of bird but I'm very interested in them. I hope to get an African Grey in the future, but until then I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

I've read a lot about them but I never really fin any info about their personality besides people talking about how nervous they can be, or how clever they are, and other things like that. But the things I want to know are more specific than that. How "cuddly" are they? Do they like being petted a lot or do they tend to just do their own thing while being around you? What do they like to do? How are their everyday life?

EDIT: I have a bird under deposit :3 When it hatches I can go see it.

Edited by Wisp

Hi Wisp and welcome to the grey forum.

Glad to see that you want to know more about a grey as to who and what they are.

The members will always do what they can to help you make the right decision before you buy any bird for a compaion.

Welcome :D I can only speak for my grey Marco, she is most cuddly at "bedtime" otherwise very independant :D she likes her scratches on her head but not all the time only when she wants them and she will tell you by lowering her head! We have gotten into routines :D but Ive only had her a few short months perhaps her behaviours will completely change .... Im sure every bird is different!

Nice to hear you are learning before bringing a Grey into your home, good start! Feel free to ask any questions you may have and someone will respond but keep in mind that each bird is a unique individual and will have it's own personality & quirks that develop as he or she grows. Welcome to our little Grey home.

Hello Wisp and welcome to our family and congrats on putting down a deposit on a baby grey.

You have come to the right place to find out all you can before you bring that baby into your home and your life, this forum is full of everyday experience from firsthand knowledge from the members here who have greys.

Each one is an individual and once they settle into their new home more of their true personality comes thru, some are cuddlers and some are not but they are all wonderful companions no matter how much interaction they allow, your life will be forever changed once a grey is added.