NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Local breeder= MBS

murfchck

Crap.... All i can say is that i am in love again! Sadly though with one of my boys testing positive for pdd, i can not, will not, bring another parrot into my home right now!

I have never seen anything like this in my life! This woman has sooooo many birds, all breeds including something from the roadrunner family. I took so many pictures and videos my phone has rebelled against me and will not let me email them to my computer to share right now. I kid you not when i say she has alot of birds! Most she has rescued herself and they are her pets but she has a mobile home next to her own house for her breeders. Because they had just layed eggs we couldn't go in there. This place was cleaner than anything i had ever seen before too, my husband saw the pictures and all he could ask was how does she do it?? She is in her 60's now so she is slowing down and starting to sell some. I, of course, let her know i was available to help her anytime she needed it. Each room inside her house was for diff breeds, one room full of too's, one full of macaws, one nursery that housed all the babys, one for the smaller parrots. She had a huge area outside also for the larger breeder macaws, from scarlets to b&g, green wings to hyacynth (ms?), good lord are those big birds, never seen one in person before! I cried two times just being so overwhelmed with the beauty and care each of these birds had. The two i want are an umbrella too and a rose breasted too. (yeah i cried with excitement over these two) She had a hawk head that was outstanding! All of the buildings outside of her house were heated and ac'd, they all had special air units also. Her cockatiels, hundreds of them, were all in perfect condition, not a feather out of place. She even had a special needs room with some she had rescued. One too was a mutilator, one was there with a bad leg, one blue and gold had neurological issues, and each were treated so tenderly! (that room was my second cry)

I am sorry this is so long but i truely didn't think any breeders like this were around here, but this amazed me!

Ww! What's very special woman she is. It is so nice to heard a wonderful, loving and caring breeder. We hear lots of horror stories, so it is refreshing to hear of a wonderful one. Thank you for sharing that experience with us.

She sounds amazing! A true bird whisperer! I would LOVE a Rosebreasted bird. They are a favorite of mine. I came very close once. She got adopted after nine months. I was going to take her, if noone did. We were soooo bonded at the birdstore. I actually had said " yes", i'll take her. She had just gotten adopted. Paul knew I loved her, so did tell me she was adopted by an experienced birdowner, who would be a GREAT parent. I was very happy. Nancy

I took my husband there today, i had to show him Lily, who i fell in love with. Instead he found Pretty Pearl, who he fell in love with. Both are umbrellas. I spoke with her about the pdd and she just smiled and asked me to come back to her home on the 6th. She has her vet there that day and asked i bring my boys by to meet him and speak to him. She used the same vet i have been using and changed to this guy, she swears he is the best. What can it hurt? This could actually happen. My husband who is NORMALLY the stong one who doesn't get all gooshy and weak came home tonight rearranging our home to make room. Lol Instead of bringing one home tonight though, i volunteered my services helping her take care of her flock! She sent some of her birdie bread home with us and let me tell you, both of my boys ate it like they never had it before! She said every Friday she makes enough for the week and it takes her all day to make! It cracked me up tonight when we were in her cockatoo room and she asked the birds if they wanted to dance, you could see their eyes light up. She put in cd and the "chicken dance" started to play. There is nothing funnier than a room full of birds dancing up and down or swinging from the top of the cage all laughing, even hubby and me were bouncing and flapping our arms joining in the fun!

I can visualize that scene, yes there are some Great breeders out there who some times get painted with the bad person brush quite unjustly. Umbie Too's can be such clowns I will be waiting to hear how the meet up goes! I can also identify with the birdy bread routine as I spend all Friday afternoon chopping and cooking for over 200 hundred birds at the Sanctuary (my birds get some too).

Oh this is hard.... Hubby, although he does want the too, is WAY more into reality than i am. :-[ . I again am not working and buying out right is not an option so unless she lets me work for her, i will not be able to adopt her. I will still be taking the boys to her home on Friday though so, we will see! O:-) lol.

Wow, o,m impressed! I am 39 now and i can hardly take care of two. Maybe because i am working, but even if i'm not. This woman got my respect and i wish i can come and help her. Amazing story.

Oh this is hard.... Hubby, although he does want the too, is WAY more into reality than i am. :-[ . I again am not working and buying out right is not an option so unless she lets me work for her, i will not be able to adopt her. I will still be taking the boys to her home on Friday though so, we will see! O:-) lol.

Things will happen the way they are meant to so just go and enjoy making some new friends.

This place sounds amazing. No wonder you are so excited about it. It would be hard to resist going back day after day to enjoy all the love and affirmation for this woman and her flocks. I really admire those of you who are able to work closely with rescues and to do the cooking and providing to the parrots in need.

Looks like the too will not be coming home with me today. Got a call last night about another blue and gold in need. Husband said we could give it a go, lol. (provided vet gives the ok. Pdd not an issue with this one as Oliver has lived with him before. Just goes to show how many homes poor Oliver had before coming here!) What am i doing??? Lol Like my neighbor said to me, whats one more? You over cook for them anyway so now it doesn't go to waste! Lol

Will update on "Bubba" in macaw room.

Edited by murfchck
forgot to add something.

Wonderful time at the breeders yesterday. Stewart ( Bongo ) got to go. Her vet was in to check out all her birds and he did a nail trim for me and gave my guy the once over. Yeah! Good news too, he said he was a perfect weight and he fixed his beak! He looks and acts like he feels so much better. I gave him a peanut last night and he opened it so much better! Not only did he have a beak trim go wrong before we got him but he has a thick beak due to a liver issue when he was a baby. He fine now and nothing for me to worry about.

He questioned me in depth about Oliver, i didn't bring him bc i didn't want him stressed out, he always seems to backslide when he stresses. ( plus with the pdd, i wasn't about to subject all her birds to it. ) Found out this vet used to teach at Texas A&M but took a job with the state of OK and their wildlife. My vets office faxed his bloodwork to him, of course not the detailed report i asked for but from what they sent, this guy knew exactly what test were done, what lab it was sent to ( Ohio ) and knew whos signature was on the labs. He is going to check into it for me and send me a swab kit that i will need to collect and mail to him. I have never mailed poop before, lol. He did say he thought Oliver would be fine from what he could see in all the hundreds of photos i brought him. Said if when have not seen signs yet, we may never and six months is a long time to go with that diagnosis. He did say not to bring a bird into our home that has not been exposed ( which we knew ) so on to the Bubba update. New thread in macaw room. Lol