NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What parrots learn from other parrots......

Mama CJ

We've had our 5 year old CAG, Rocky, for about a year and a half now. Paco, our other CAG, came to us about a year ago. These boys are big time talkers and mimic all kinds of sounds. They have barking, laughing, whistling and silly noise contests. When Rocky came to us he taught us a lot of what went on at his previous household. He uses a man and woman's voice at times. We knew their dog and cats names, and they had a pet monkey. (the previous owner confirmed that) Apparently the couple would argue from time to time, and the woman ended the sentence with "right now". Well, after Paco heard Rocky having his own little private argument, he had to learn this also.

Here is a video I took the other day when I had just finished up my shower. I had to sneak around the corner with the camera or they would stop. You can see Rocky in the video but Paco is too far on the right to see him but you can hear him. He knows the tone of the arguing but still goes "wah wah wah" for words. I can't make out half of what Rocky says either.

Here's the video.