NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is this Molting

jwmachon

Hi,

Tommy is just over a year old now.

For months there as been constantly small white feathers all over the place and very dusty these have now stopped but there have been a few larger feathers now he flew to me the other day and a red tail feather came out whilst flying and today I found a small wing feather convert feather I think there called it was all in one piece and in good condition apart from the tail feather this is the first biggish feather I have seen

Im in the UK

Does this sound like molting with the downie feather now calmed down from coming out.

Tommy is also scratching a little bit, he is very happy and starting to talk really well. I am bathing daily now aswell

Many Thanks,

Jonny

I would say Tommy is definitely having a molt. Quite normal and he may well have another in a year or two. He will be having feathers re growing which may irritate a little. Spraying with Aloe Vera juice will help sooth his skin. In the UK you can buy it in Holland and Barrat health food stores. I also buy a variety of different unsalted nuts there as well for Mistyparrot. I don't think you have any problem.

Steve n Misty