NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bogey not feeling well

Bogey

Bogey is now almost 5 months old, We have had him over a month now and up until yesterday he was doing great, Yesterday I noticed he didn't eat very much ( compared to other days ) and he is sleeping alot, today he is still the same.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Bogey is now almost 5 months old, We have had him over a month now and up until yesterday he was doing great, Yesterday I noticed he didn't eat very much ( compared to other days ) and he is sleeping alot, today he is still the same.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Your best bet is to get him to a vet. It could be digestive or inability to pass feces or a small vitamin deficienicy but they're guesses. But you do need to see a vet quickly. There are no vets here and diangosis is impossible over a PC. * it could be* *maybe it's this* * that happened to my bird* etc. All of these ar just guesses. Your bird needs a hands on exam.

I have to echo Dave's post, you need to take Bogey to the vet and do not waste any time for he has probably been sick for a while, you should know that birds hide illness until they can no longer do so, please let us know what you find out.

Bogey... I know we all sound like we " freak out!" At least I will say, I do! I can also say, I am lucky,the times I was nervous and went to the vet, everything ended well. When Sophie was adopted at age two, she soon was sneezing, saying " achoo". I was concerned she was sick. Immediately took her to the vet. I learned she was sneezing, because my kids were sneezing.

I know now, when she is imitating the kids. I do have to watch her closely, and have to figure out when she is imitating, and when she really doesn't feel well. I know her so well now, I can differentiate imiitation, and actual sickness. Nancy