NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Difference between parrots and dogs.

Mistyparrot

It's GreYt to have a room you can dedicate as a bird room. I would love nothing better than this for mine as well. Hopefully in the near future that will be a reality. Cages bother me as well, but many do not have the room to spare.

I also have the open cage rule and a dedicated bird room, they don't use it but it is there! Lol They are always in the living room with us. When both the boys lived in the same room it was much easier, we had to move the grey out to the livingroom and our macaw got the bird room due to the grey dust bothering the macaw and the macaw just out right bothering the grey. We use to think it was funny when we would go in the bird room and find the macaw on top of the greys cage but one time during play time the macaw ran after and attacked the grey and thats when it became not funny. He was not trying to play, he was dominating the poor guy! So now, poor Bongo (aka. Stewart) has to go into his cage if i leave during the day now, Oliver still stays out but only in his room, door shut.

I LOVE watching " House Hunters!" Not sure if anyone has ever seen it, but most people want " open concept" home. Luckily, we don't have that, so it was easy to convert formal living room, into bird room. We have a HUGE family room, so why did we need a formal living room? Noone ever used it, so what was the point? Its their room and they love it. Kiki does chew two windows. One in birdroom, another in family room. She at least chews the entire landing and makes it even. She knows if she chews the landing too much, she won't be able to land! LOL! I can replace two landings in the windows. She loves to sit in the sun, in these two windows. I would never deprive her of her happiness in the sun. NO big deal. Now if they land on the pooltable in familyroom, there will be hell from Rom! They know this, and pooltable is left alone.I share very well. But... I have limits! They respect the limits. Nancy