NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bringing home the baby....

ajsurf

Saturday's the big day. My family and I will be purchasing her cage and setting it all up tomorrow, and Saturday, we should be bringing Koko Mango home!! We're all very excited, and a little nervous. We all want to be the best humans for her. If anyone has any tips on how to make it less stressful for the baby, please let me know!!!

What a night! We brought Koko Mango home Friday with her big cage and toys and everything! I couldn't believe how nervous I was! Amazingly tho, Koko was very calm and put me right at ease. She's very used to people and noise all around her. Of course I couldn't sleep at all, I was worried that she'd fall into her water dish or something! :unsure:

My husband, 2 daughter's and I all had a chance to let her snuggle and fall asleep with each of us. Just the best feeling! She's so curious about everything, and loves to play and snuggle... she's a great little bird.

:P

Glad to hear it went well for you on her first night home, but don't be nervous for she may pick up on that.

Glad you got a snuggler but don't be disappointed if she wants this less and less as she ages. As babies they do like some cuddling time but most of them grow out of it for the most part.

And don't spend any more time with her now that you won't be doing in the future, they get used to it and then problems come up if you cannot keep it up.

Keep us informed as to how things go in the next few weeks, and if you have any questions do please ask.

Thanks to everyone who replied with such great advice. It's nice to be prepared on what to expect. Little Koko Mango has settled right in, nothing seems to phase her. She seems to enjoy us all already. We're all praying that she doesn't lose her cuddly side, but she seems to like being close where she's safe. She's making more sounds already, playful gurgles and whistles when she's playing on the floor with us. The little monster in her comes out when she can't chew on something that she really likes. Just like a little 2 yr old toddler. Just so cute. She's had lots of family come and visit her this weekend and she seems to enjoy the excitement!

My biggest worry was that she wouldn't eat enough, but not any more. She loves her oatmeal for breakfast and dinner, loves cheerios and apples, and she's doing really well with her seeds. She is much smaller than her brother, but I think she'll catch up quick with her appetite. Sorry about my pictures, somehow I blocked them all and can't unblock them. If anyone knows how could you let me know? Thanks so much!! :)

I am so happy that Koko Mango has settled in nicely and is enjoying your family. She is like a 2 year old child and hopefully she will continue to love the cuddling but don't be disappointed if she grows out of that, mine did the same thing. They tend to get more independent as they mature.

Sounds like she is eating well, be sure to offer lots of veggies, but she may never catch up to her brother, she may just be a smaller frame grey than he is.

Enjoy your baby, she won't be a baby for long, they grow up so fast.:P

Thanks for sharing that ajsurf.

It sounds like Koko Mango has already brought much joy and happiness into your home, family and friends.

We look forward to hearing more and seeing some photos once you get it figured out. :-)