NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Very intelligent !!!

TWIX

Let me start this by explaining something first, i am the chosen one that DJ picked in the house. My wife,daughter (Tia) and the maid are far away from being friends with him. Tia is the closest one to the flock, he will accept being touched by her but only when i am around. DJ talks a lot, and we don't understand most of his talk. The best he can say is: Hello, Good boy, I love you & Food.

I came home from work today, and the maid told me that DJ was calling Tia by her name the whole day!!! Tia replied back by saying YES DJ and DJ will keep on saying HELLO TIA... He stopped calling Tia after i came home, completely! He did his usual talk but never called her name.

I asked my daughter if she heard him calling her name and she confirmed the story (She was so excited lol)

Does this mean DJ was trying to find a replacement of me while i was away? Or is he trying to get closer to Tia?

I felt like something very intelligent is going on here, don't you think?

Edited by TWIX

Of course, something is going on! TRUST! LOL My opinion for any grey, is to accept other family members. If they can, that in my opinion, is the ultimate intelligence test. You have to be careful. You need to express, your expectation is for your baby to love the entire family. Greys pick one person if allowed. sHOULD never BE ALLOWED! All birds love all of us. Of course, they go to the entire family, make their arguement. We are always on the same page. Nancy

Intelligent and African Grey go hand in hand. Of course DJ is a brilliant little guy. I don't think he is trying to find a replacement for you, but it is good he is open to different people. That is what we want for our fids. Sounds like things are progessing according to plan.