NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Good Morning!

Hello all and welcome to my first post on the forum. I would like to welcome you to Me (Chris or Furf) I have been around and around. I have grown up with all sorts of different critters.

Its started with hamsters when I was 5 and then grew into breeding Boa's in High School. I have housed, rescued and baby sat many a critters Ranging from B&G Macaw's to Sugar Gliders.

I have experience with the Hahns Macaw Parrot and African Grey's. I enjoyed the presence of a Hahns macaw for almost 3 years. When his mother moved (from me) away with him. I also was a long term sitter for a African grey for 16 months when a friend was on deployment.

Anyway to the point. I am wanting to get another Fid. I Finally have my own place with a room that I can dedicate to the Fid. I work full time and would have a minimum of 6 hours of day of time to dedicate to my Fid for one on one time. I usually work the overnights so that would be fine with the sleeping of 10+ hours of night.

I am currently looking to go give a loving and permanent home to a Hahns, Grey, Amazon, Senegal, Meyers, or a Conure. I am not hugely picky on the species I am looking for a new companion to spend time with me at the house

If this seems like there is a species that would fit better to my life style please let me know.

Thanks all and I hope you have enjoyed my welcome post.

DSCF0011.jpg

Well it looks like I may or may not have been timed just right. I posted a want ad in craigslist. Next thing I know an awesome lady near me was thinking about rehoming her 2 greys. Which she has had for 9 years. They have been together for 7 of those years and they are 15 and 13 years old. One is Proven male and the other seems to be male.....

Perfect right? .... Eh Charlie the oldest has been under stress from something in the house and is "cutting" feathers. When I went to see them today Paco the younger one full feathered did not want much to do with me. But Charlie was all about checking me out. He did not step up since she has not handled either of them in 4 years since she is scared of them... Sorry Intimidated.

Everything seemed perfect with them other then the Feather muncher. they are both on a good diet and seem very alert and healthy... both were very vocal. Now I just need to wait for her to make sure she thinks I am a good fit. Just thought I would update everyone... I will keep you posted.

Yes. I would take them both since they are bonded together. I would not want to harm Charlie any more with his picking issues now. So I would take them Both. I was not looking for two but that just means I will have to work doubly hard

Since I posted that add on Craigslist saying I was interested in adopting I have had 4 people contact me 1 Goffins Cockatoo, 1 Moluccan cockatoo, and a Sun Conure. And of course the Greys.

So that is a big no to the moluccan cockatoo way too big. But the sun conure may not be bad. if the greys don't work out

So I think my arrangement with Charlie and Paco has fallen through. I am really really bummed about since they seemed like they would be a fun couple of birds to work with. But Since I posted that ad in craigslist its crazy how many people responded. I am going to see a 23 yr old Timneh on sunday. So I shall see how that goes.

Well, if Charlie and Paco aren't meant to be your birds it just means there's something else out there waiting for you. Sad, isn't it, how many birds are in homes where they aren't wanted anymore. Thank you in advance for offering a forever home to some fid out there.

Its incredibly surprising. But the people I talk to are not really ready to say goodbye that is what happened with Charlie and Paco. With those two it just bothers me that they are in their cage all day. No Human touch in over 4 years. The Scritch I gave Charlie was the first touch in 4 years.

Well I got the email this morning from Charlie and Paco's keeper and they are going to keep the boys. I hope it all works out for them. Now to keep my eyes open for another grey in need.