NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Charlie is home :)

Hi bigmick9445 and welcome to you and Charlie to the grey forum.

Sounds like you and Charlie are off to a good start.

Any time you have a question we will do our best to help you out.

We love pictures !!

Welcome Bigmick and Charlie. :)

He is a fine looking Timneh. It sounds like you are off to a good start and Charlie is settling right in. As you go, you will have more to share about his progress and any questions or comments about his behavior. We will be looking forward to hearing much more.

He is busy strutting around his cage now, eating, drinking, preening and watching everything in the room. He has started saying hello, follows us to whichever side of the cage we go to and takes treats from our fingers. If we go out of the room, he starts whistling for us and just said his name for the first time when I was out of the room

2nd day with charlie, mick's gone to work so he's with me , sorry i'm Tina, he's been very good lad this morning, hes no problem letting me put my hand in his cage to pick up straw for him and then he throws it, he seems to love that game, take it step by step, will eventually teach him to step up, but only when hes ready to come out off his cage on his own, but making very good progress proud off him, tell him no biting and he seems to be ok, he might try his luck but stops soon as i say no biting, :) he loves his treats, he wont let you have anything yourself you have to share it with him lol, he, is very happy to be sprayed, but wont spread his wings at mo to spray him, is that ok for now? he has happily been whistling away, and i got a good morning off him, hes a chatter box lol, hoping hes going to be content when i go to work, i think hell sleep most off time, he will only be on his own 7 hours. think he will adjust well with lots off patients and love, either way we are so so proud off charlie for the few days hes been here, hes very happy on one leg whistling away, any tips big or small to help us along with our Charlie will be gratefully recieved thank- you,

hi tina, i from the uk also and rehomed a 10yr old on firday, my first experience with a grey, she is doing very well and not very chatty at mo, and loveeeeeeeeeees the men, my son how was against me having her is totally won over and he is deff her chosen one, hopeing i can gain her trust very soon, charlie sounds like he settling in really well, xx

Hi Naya, glad to hear shes doing well and your son has took to her also, hard if family members dont as every-one needs to be comfortable around her, Charlie is shattered at mo , bless we keep him chatting away, need to train him in knowing when we are going to be here and away, i know he will adjust , ive got work soon so he's going to be alone for at least 7 hours, i'm sure hell be fine, hope we can gain his trust and that hes eventually happy enough to come out and explore his surroundings more, have you changed her name Naya ? xx

thanks hun, Charlie doing really well, proud off him , hes settling ok, hes contented, i hope he's ok for next 7 hours as got to work so 1st time leaving him , hell get used to it i'm sure, he gets loads off attention when i get back, he only has me and michael so lots off attention just for him, sorry i'm tina, ur parrot is gawjuss, x

well charlie been exploring a bit more tonight out off cage and trying to nibble on michael;s shoulder lol, hes doing so so well, hes been playing with me this morning aswell as tonight, and more content and less nervous, he throws a stick for us lol, he loves watching me and mike play with his new floor toys too, and is more than happy to be tickled , :) he will still try to bite some times but less often, taking it slowly, once he starts to join in playing on the floor with us, then i may introduce step up more, wont be long before he will join us on floor im sure, hes certainly not short off attention, and very curious and beautiful of course, hopefully one day he will be also saying Tina , for me and Michael

hi all, Charlie has settled well into a routine, we let him out at night, even thou when i'm off work its tempting to let him out, but better with both off us at mo, he likes his toast in the morning, and pretty much any thing he can grab lol, interacting much more now, but when hes on one, its back off, he will do more for me than michael at mo, but i have more time, he even stepped up once just for a few seconds then flew off, i'm impressed but still weary has hes tempermental at times , he launched his self at mikes mums fella, so had to get them outta the room so i could get him bk to his cage im really happy with progress hes making, but i think we will only let him out when we r on our own with him, even thou he was out 3 hours b4 he went for Ron, he stopped when michael told him eventually, he hasnt bitten me since 1st day , he has how ever nibbled a bit, but hes content with me, oh yes , we dont cover him whats so ever at night, we simply say lights out night time charlie and thats that, hes quite till we get up in morning, so pleased with that too, has dont want to cover him, he is talking really well, and when he says Charlie, it sounds like Michael's saying his name, i was so sure michael was still about i rang him lol, and he said no im on way toi work, so it was Charlie shouting, i was still half asleep like lol, so so proud off Charlie, he loves his new toys ive bought for when he's outta the cage too, he plays very well with us, but still on his territory, look forward to when he joins us on the floor , :)

thanks Twix, hes doing ok, sat here waiting for his dad to get home, as don't want to change the time we let him out to play , as we both work, so, trying to stick to what me and michael have decided, plus it won't confuse charlie then, i'm teaching him colours off his balls that we play with with him, i think he will do it in time hes a very clever lad, hes a moody sod too lol, and when hes on one, well then i leave him well alone lol, ive had a bite once off him and that was enough for now ,haha i'm sure it wont be last time he bites me like but he is getting more settled now, how old is twix, and hows he doing ,

Thank you, very much, any useful imformation please feel free to add, as all advice welcome, i am new to taking care off Charlie, he is the 1st pet i have and i dont intend to ever upset him by adding to our family, im happy enough with just Charlie,