NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

enlarged nostrils

snoepgoed123

Today Archimedes was out and about and having fun as he usually does... until he hit the window beak first... He wasn't harmed, just stunned. He's still acting normal, eating drinking, screaming (the usual) I took him in the shower with me and I noticed one of his nostrils (his right) looks larger than normal, almost like it's being stretched out. I'm hoping it's just from the stream from the shower, however I'm worried that it may have been from the impact. He also has a cut on the other side, but that may have been from toys... it's more the right nostril that I'm concerned about (it's only the right nostril too, the left seems normal)

edited to add video... wanted to take a picture, but he wouldn't stay still long enough

Edited by snoepgoed123

Could it be that it is just swollen due to the impact...kind of like our finger swells if we hit it too hard or something like that? Its not bleeding, and seems fine otherwise. Guess I would just watch and see if anything changes.

Awww he got a boo - boo. His nostril is fine and swelling is normal after a bashing into a window or sometimes even from a toy. :)

You may wish to place some stickies on that window until he is certain that it exists and will no longer fly into it. :)

just wanted to give an update, Archimedes is doing well, his nostril area is darker (looks like a bruise) but the nostrils themselves have shrunk down to size. I will say, he was more careful flying around today, but we'll see how long that will last... We are gonna put some of those decoration window stickers on the wall hopefully help him realize, hey! this is a window you can't fly through!

I saw what you meant by the nostril being bigger and am glad it is getting back to normal. I also loved the video and the cute little sound effects. What a great little guy you have there. I love how he was busy but gentle with your fingers near his beak.