NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Homemade Tree Stand

Look what my husband made for me. The wood is from a Crepe Myrtle tree. I have been looking and looking for Crepe Myrtle cuttings to make a stand for a while. I thought to ask our local landscaper to keep his eyes peeled for me. It took him about six months but he pulled thru for me. After cleaning and disenfecting everything my husband bolted it together for me.

The birds love it and I do too:)

crepe myrtle stand.jpg

crepe myrtle stand 3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I liked the creative work shown in picture.These are the things that keep birds entertained.What are the other kind of toys that you have used for your birds.Thanks.

Thank you

Sorry for the delay. My birds like to shred stuff so a telephone book is very simple and they love them. I take a telephone book and have my husband saw it in 3rd's, drill a hole at the top and hang with a zip tie. Slater loves anything that is really really noisy so anything with bells or toys that bang together and make lots of noise is a hit - the louder the better! I went to Petsmart and bought a dog's tug-of-war rope toy. It comes knotted. After I unknotted it it was 6' long. I hang it from the ceiling and the birds love to swing from it. I buy colorful foam sheets from the dollar store and cut them in half or in 4th's. I "z" fold two colors together (colorful and pretty) and put it on a skewer and the birds love to rip and shered at it. Let me know if you would like pictures of anything.

Warning!!! Be prepared for a messy messy room-LOL:)

Edited by fidsandfrats