NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage placement

Sassy

Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of rearranging the den to fit the cage. Having some debate over location.

One spot in on the front outside wall between two windows. Floor vent would be under the cage but will be covered with a hard chair mat. From here can see front door and into dining room.

The second spot would be the interior wall in a corner. Would be able to see out windows and the front door but not into any other rooms.

The third spot is the one I think is best. It on an outer wall toward the stairs that separate the den and living room. From here could see out front windows, into dining room, front door, and into the living room a little. We spend most time in living room.

What are your thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

The perfect spot for your new family member is in the living room if this is the room where all the action is. If you don't keep your grey's cage in the living room then there should be a perch, boing, or other place for your grey to sit/stand to be included in the family fun. My three have a bird room just for them but they are all flighted so they fly into the living room where I spend a lot of time. They have a window perch, a boing and floor perch in front of the front windows next to the couch where I sit. If they need a snack they can fly back to the bird room and eat to their hearts content. They also have boings/perches in the kitchen/dining area of my home away from the stove. All the places you mentioned to put the main cage are fine as long as your grey can easily see/interact with the family. Just remember wherever you place the main cage your grey will need to get at least 10/12 hours of sleep time to be rested, happy and healthy.

Unfortunatly there is no way to have the cage in the living room. The plan was to have a table top perch/play stand on the table between the couches. I may also get a suction cup window perch so they can see the bird feeder outside. As for sleeping I plan on having a sleeping cage in an upstairs bedroom. I also want a boing hanging in the kitchen area by our breakfast nook. It would also look into the living room.

Thanks for the comments.

• 1 month later...

The area where your baby would be able to be a part of the family, preferably the room where the family spends the most time is best, they want to be a part of what is going on and also providing places like playstands and boings where he has other options to perch and be with everyone.