NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

..Important..

Jakesbirds

Well when I put him in his cage he walked around some, ate some pellet, preened himself and went to sleep. He was given out. He has had a big day. The biggest problem I have had so far is him nibbleing on my fingers and hands when I pick him up. It hurts pretty bad. He is flying but the landings arent so good. When I brought him home the breeder gave me a lot of his pellets, a couple of toys, a paper she typed about how his routine had been going, and little baby cage. She said I probably need to just let him play in the big cage when I am home but he needs to eat in the little cage. I really excited.

I do a little earthquake when Luna nibbles on my fingers. I just got her today too and she sometimes chomps down. Just shake your hand a little so she has to catch her balance and she'll let go. Also, you can do positive reinforcment with small seed during stetup practice. This way she'll learn to associate your hand with positive things! Grats on your new baby

Well..umm.. I went to the cage to get his bowl for the veges I said "Want some vegetables?" then I went to warm them up. Then he made the loudest noise I have heard him make. It was like he knew what it meant. So I gave to him and left. I peaked at him after a few minutes and his face was covered in rice. So we went in there and watched him and he was eating a lot. Then he wanted some attention and left the food so I cleaned off his beak and left him alone to eat. I honestly think he is going to be alright.

So yesterday I was playing with Oliver. I took a piece of paper and balled it up. I ripped and let him grab it with his beak. He would grab onto it and I would pull it so it would rip. I kept on balling up the paper. Well after a while we got bored with that. I tried it again today. He grabbed the paper and tore it. I was thinking thats pretty cool. The he chewed the paper up into a ball. It was amazing. He is a smart bird and I love playing with him.

Congratsssssssssss Im so happy for you!!!!!!!! Oliver looks fabulous and his dinner looks yummy :D Isnt it wonderful having him home? I call Marco bean face all the time and am cleaning her beak off cuz she gets super messy !!! Tho, I did look at the wall closely today and noticed ALL the food I get to clean off of it tomorrow LMAO :rolleyes: