NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

One step closer with Bravo

Trance Music

Bravo is now 1 year old. Has been talking up a storm in sentences for months now. Started around 5 to 6 months old if I remember correctly.

Bravo has been sweet, so far (To me, I have not taken a bite that really hurts yet)r. I've noticed that when I try to touch Bravo's tail he would turn around and want nothing to do with it. I think she has finally settled down and now I can pet her all the way down (Full hand) from back to tail, gently close my hand around the tail, give it a slight shake and let go. Big step for us...

Is dropping some down feathers and a few wing feathers, nothing real bad, mostly down feathers.

I guess for now, that is all. I'll miss Bravo being so young, I hope I have a calm terrible 2's, not counting on it.

Edited by Trance Music

Bravo is now 1 year old. Has been talking up a storm in sentences for months now. ............... I've noticed that when I try to touch Bravo's tail he would turn around and want nothing to do with it. I think she has finally settled down and now I can pet her all the way down (Full hand) from back to tail, gently close my hand around the tail, give it a slight shake and let go. Big step for us...

Is dropping some down feathers and a few wing feathers, nothing real bad, mostly down feathers.

I guess for now, that is all. I'll miss Bravo being so young, I hope I have a calm terrible 2's, not counting on it.

Hello Trance music. Sounds like Bravo is doing well. The dropping down and a few feathers is very normal at his age. He will likely go through a couple of moults over the next couple of years. It can look a bit like a snow storm !

I am usure why you would want to touch Bravo's tail or back. You may give undesired sexual stimulation by petting on his back and there is never a need to touch his tail. He is unlikely to be comfortable with that although he may come to tolerate it. If you can get him used to having his wings handled now you will find it much simpler to put a harness on him so you can take him out in safety without the need to clip his wings.

Steve n Misty

Having a baby grey is great and you will always look back to that time of their life, but as they grow they will do new and differant today and you can expect new and differant thinks tomorrow. You will alwyas be able to look back and to look foward, but enjoy today.