NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Introducing....

Wingy

Introducing the newest addition. Baby Timneh hatched 4/03/2012. (S)he does not yet have a name.

Peek a boo I see you.

045.jpg

Aren't I cute?

birdsunltdlinksys-camcomscreencapture2012-5-16-16-41-3.jpg

I wanna be an ostrich for Halloween.

birdsunltdlinksys-camcomscreencapture2012-5-16-16-33-34.jpg

My roommates. My bootie is showing on the right. My butt is very red for being a Timneh. My parronts think someone might have made a mistake.

birdsunltdlinksys-camcomscreencapture2012-5-16-16-54-15.jpg

I like nap time.

birdsunltdlinksys-camcomscreencapture2012-5-16-17-14-49.jpg

Edited by Wingy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goodness, congratulations! It is going to be a lot of fun to watch your baby grow. I love being able to see what Gilbert looked like as he was coming into this world. What a cute face... and a cute little red booty too.

I made another trip and brought the camera this time.

th_IMG_0219.jpg

th_IMG_0192.jpg

That is a very red tail for a timneh. The feathers around the legs are edged in red as well.

th_IMG_0201.jpg

th_IMG_0212.jpg

I'm a bit concerned about that bare patch. I was told its his/her crop and not to worry but it wasn't there last week. I still haven't decided on a name but I'm leaning toward Georgie.

this is such an important bonding time with your baby ..... even tho I had to drive 200 miles every sat. and sun. for 3 months to visit marco i wouldnt of changed it for NOTHING! enjoy bonding with your baby :D lovely pics

I'm doing close to that 2 times per week. (S)he is so precious and I love the time we can spend together. My hope is that the move from the bird store will be less traumatic because my partner and I are familiar. I'm going to ask if I can buy a toy to have in the cage and bring it home so that there is something (s)he recognizes and it tastes/smells right.

I'm doing close to that 2 times per week. (S)he is so precious and I love the time we can spend together. My hope is that the move from the bird store will be less traumatic because my partner and I are familiar. I'm going to ask if I can buy a toy to have in the cage and bring it home so that there is something (s)he recognizes and it tastes/smells right.

I totally did the exact same thing! GREAT idea :D

Now why did they have to take pictures of my butt? Whats the big deal. It serves a purpose you silly humans.

th_IMG_0271.jpg

th_IMG_0270.jpg

th_IMG_0269.jpg

Hey! Did my parronts bring food?

th_IMG_0245.jpg

This does not taste good.

th_IMG_0262.jpg

Is this the good stuff?

th_IMG_0257.jpg

Sheesh. Whats with these humans. I'm HUNGRY!

th_IMG_0253.jpg

I'm saying cheese. Take the picture already.

th_IMG_0247.jpg

I'm looking at you.

th_IMG_0260.jpg

Parronts come back.....

th_IMG_0277.jpg

What gorgeous pictures. I am glad you mentioned the bright red tail feathers because I noticed my nose was just about to touch my screen as I was trying to see the familiar bone color on her beak but can't see that Timneh confirmation. I'm sure it is the angle of the photo and the way the light is shining. It is a great idea to provide toys that will come home with you to keep a familiar tie to his caretakers. We also bought a little snuggle tent and that was our Juno's little security blanket when he needed it most. Omigoodness you are getting a baby!

The pictures are clickable and will take you to the picture in my photobucket album where they are larger and you can click again to zoom in (there are more pics there that I haven't posted). There is just a little bone color in my babies beak right now but that should change as he/she matures. I will be saving those red feathers as they molt out since the replacements may not have any red at all.

Edited by Wingy

I asked Talon to please move this thread to the nursery because I want to document the red tail and how it changes as our baby matures. Only time will tell if the red feathers will be a ring around the darker tail feathers, red tipped tail feathers or true red tail feathers since they are still emerging.

I asked Talon to please move this thread to the nursery because I want to document the red tail and how it changes as our baby matures. Only time will tell if the red feathers will be a ring around the darker tail feathers, red tipped tail feathers or true red tail feathers since they are still emerging.

Hi, not all Timneh's have Maroon tail feathers, some are gray and some are brownish. The coloring of your beautiful baby is normal.

Hi, not all Timneh's have Maroon tail feathers, some are gray and some are brownish. The coloring of your beautiful baby is normal.

Thanks Jayd. I just cannot believe how difficult it has been to find age progressive pictures of a TAG with red in the tail area. In the beginning I really did wonder if there was some cross breeding in its lineage. I don't agree with that happening but it played no part in my choice. This little guy/gal won my heart with its interest in people. He/she pushes the older and bigger CAGS out of the way to be at the front when ever someone stops to look in the tank.

Edited by Wingy

DS and I went to visit the baby yesterday. When we got there baby was sprawled out sleeping in the tank and making its baby peep cries in its sleep. I stood there watching until he/she woke up and ran over to get some attention. Thats what I told myself anyway, more like he/she was looking for lunch. We sat down for some snuggle time and I discovered 2 things. First, babys feathers are starting to come in under its wings and there is a ton of red ones. At first glance it looks like baby has a bad case of chicken pox. Unfortunately all the pictures of the under wing area came out blurry but I've noted that area and will get pictures next time I go. Second, baby does not want to poop on people. He/she struggled to get out of the towel and was determined to get off of me, to the point that not only did I get a good pinch on my arm but I was worried that baby was going to take a header off my lap. He/she went back into the tank because I was concerned for its safety. Once he/she was back in the tank it did the wiggle and squat and then ran back to the side of the tank wanting more snuggle time. I learned a good signal yesterday and will be watching for that in the future. Oh wait I actually learned 3 things. The third is that I am a toy buying junkie. I have been buying 2 or 3 toys each time I visit the baby. My partner in crime looked in the cage yesterday and laughingly told me I better stop cause there is no room for a bird for all the toys in there. Whoops.

Here is the latest good pic and a video I got a little over a week ago but was just able to upload.

Click for larger picture.

th_IMG_0290.jpg

Click for video.

th_MVI_0225.jpg

Click for video.

th_MVI_0218.jpg