NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Welcome home Phoenix

On Friday, my wife and I welcomed Phoenix to our family. She is a 5 month old CAG. We just so happened to make contact with the breeder just a few days before she hatched.

My daughter was so excited to bring her home that she was willing to make a 12 hour round trip drive to Phoenix up and bring her home. We got home late on Friday night, so yesterday was her first full day home.

So far she seems to be adjusting well, and definitely enjoys getting her head scratched by my wife. She falls asleep every time.

Hello Macmodo and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us.

A big welcome goes out to Phoenix, so aptly named for the city she came from, is she the only bird you have right now?

It sounds like she is adjusting well to her new home but be sure to read thru as many of the threads for useful information as the coming days, weeks and months go by, you will find a wealth of knowledge from other members who have gone thru the same situation as you are now embarking on, a lifetime journey with one of these awesome creatures and you will find lots of tidbits that might come in handy.

Questions are encouraged no matter how trivial or silly they may seem for we have heard them all before and if we can we will help you in any way possible.

Pictures are always welcomed, the more the merrier.

Thanks for the welcome.

We have quite a few animals in our house. In addition to our two children (7 & 5), we have Phoenix the CAG, two parakeets named Ginny and Tubsy, a 13 year old chihuahua named Jacob.

I am the type of person who does an immense amount of research before making a big decision, and although I only registered yesterday, this forum provided a lot of valuable information during the six months leading up to Phoenix coming home.

I should also point out that she came from Los Angeles... but named Phoenix because both of my kids love Harry Potter.

I (tried) to attach a photo of her... hopefully it works.

This was taken earlier today. We put her on the sofa for some practice on stepping up... my wife scratched her head for a good ten minutes before she just fell asleep sitting there.

Phoenix.jpg

Just got back from taking Phoenix to the vet for her first checkup. She has a clean bill of health.

Phoenix had just finished preening all of her feathers and had them just where she wanted them... and then she got wrapped in a towel to have her blood drawn. When it was all over and the towel removed, she growled at the vet because her feathers had been all ruffled up and then went right back to preening. Once she got her feathers back where she wanted them, she was happy again.