NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Down in the corner

Guest ilovemygrey

Guest ilovemygrey

Jaq'O is wanting to go to sleep/sitting on the bottom of his cage in the corner. I heard they don't use the bottom as much and I am concerned. Is this odd? Its like he's being a duck or a hen. Maybe its just me :P He was yawning a bit. Okay. He is asleep in the corner at the bottom.

I've had only 3 birds so far and none have behaved that way. Has this behavior of sitting on the cage bottom just started today?

--Kelly

********Please do me a BIG favor.... ****************

Go to Lafeber Nutri-berries on Facebook and LIKE their page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lafeber-Nutri-Berries/181104511900404

If they get 1000 fans by Monday May 14th, the company has agreed to support a project that involves

taking Bibi the Bird on a trip to visit people in nursing homes, schools and hospices. PLEASE HELP THIS PROJECT!

To learn more about the project, go to: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1174569575/road-trip-with-bibi-the-african-grey-parrot

Jaq'O is wanting to go to sleep/sitting on the bottom of his cage in the corner. I heard they don't use the bottom as much and I am concerned. Is this odd? Its like he's being a duck or a hen. Maybe its just me :P He was yawning a bit. Okay. He is asleep in the corner at the bottom.
bc

Maybe you should visit your vet and get a CBC's [complete blood tests] done. If theres any toys or to many toy around your baby's normal sleeping area you might want to move them........

Is there any reason that you can think of that makes him feel safer down there? I remember my guy when he first got home went up to the highest part of his cage even if it seemed a little uncomfortable. I think that is instinctual, to go up high for a bird. Might not be a bad idea to get a checkup at the avian vet's.

Is this something new, something you've just noticed or has JacO always done this? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think it was you that bought your new friend a cage because the other was small and nasty. If so try and examine the old cage to see if there are signs that this is what he does. Look for spots that have been rubbed clean(er) on the sides and bottom. You don't know Jac-O's history so you'll have to play detective. If you need to visit the vet I think these are questions they would ask.