NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Eau-de Zon

Jayd

;)Does your Zon smell? We haven't talked about this in a while,lol:o Okay tell us a bout your Zon's odor, when they do it and how old are they. As you know it emanates from the Naries area, Lets Talk:p Thanks Jay

Good to read this thread. When I have read about the odor of an Amazon, I have been thinking it might be an unpleasant scent. As you know, I keep hanging around the Amazon room gathering my "intelligence" in the event it is meant for me to have one some day. It won't be for a long while now because we just moved our little Italian greyhound home and brought home a young cat as well. We have a full house and Gilbert is still the king. I love the fresh linen scent of Gilbert and Java has a similar scent. I am going to either have to find an ap for smelling a zon or come to your house to smell yours. LOL. It is very interesting that this scent emanates from the nares, I am intrigued.

The smell of the wild. The smell or odor from our Zon's is a "Musky/Wild" scent, not all Zon's extrude the pheromones, when they do, it's usually when their happy or excited in a good way. Double-yallows don't seem to do it very often if at all, the same with Lilac-crowns. Some Zon's constantly retain this odor. Parrots have very few smell sensors, relying more on sight and sound, they have around 400 taste buds compared to a humans thousands. If your Zon has this characteristic, you'd know it,[lol] it's not sweet or fresh but extremely muskie, some have compared it to a dirty sweat sock.....Don't worry if your Zon isn't a little stinker, We like the smell, some do, some don't....Thanks

Jay

P.S. you can't wash it off...LOL

Well, I am excited, Louie has been stepping up for me when I ask. I am so happy, finally he has decided that life can be fun if he lets people close to him. I'm also happy to say that I finally smelt the zon smell. Louie was sitting on my arm and a very masculine musky smell seemed to permeate from him. Very pleasant I must say! I take it he was quite pleased with his accomplishments.

Oh my! That is the BESt news ever!!! He steps up?????? WOW! This has been a long time coming. I don't know anyone with more patience than you, and big has it paid off. You even got that wonderful ZON smell, isn't it great!

It is certainly very strange that Louie is a totally different guy now. He flies to people he knows that come into the house and he steps up for me without a problem. 18 months later he is a confident and happy member of the family. On another note, I have to take some pictures of something that he and Ana Grey do that puzzles me. They lock beaks, no fighting just beaking each other. Hopefully Jay can tell me what that is all about once I post some pictures.

It is certainly very strange that Louie is a totally different guy now. He flies to people he knows that come into the house and he steps up for me without a problem. 18 months later he is a confident and happy member of the family. On another note, I have to take some pictures of something that he and Ana Grey do that puzzles me. They lock beaks, no fighting just beaking each other. Hopefully Jay can tell me what that is all about once I post some pictures.

Janet, there was never any doubt that with you being the parront to Louie.[right-on]

Thank you, with out seeing any photo's, I would say they're "Bonding", if there's a lot of wing flapping, then they're fighting..This is a common ritual amongst our Greys....Thanks Jay, photo's, yes yes yes!

• 2 weeks later...