Birds can't smell or tatse?

Trance Music

Can birds smell and taste?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Can birds smell and taste?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm on the fence

Wow, I had no idea what I didn't know. I never have given it a fleeting thought to whether birds could smell or taste. Java does have a preference for a pellet with a fruity scent. She also used to pick through the Zupreem blend to take out the colors she liked best. Now when I am looking for a new kind of pellet, I smell it to see if it has a fruity scent. So, she has trained me well. I thought the hot pepper theory had something to do with the oils that carry the capsaicin and that a bird's tongue is dry. Little did I know the points I would ponder on reading this thread. Way to get our processes started.

I have no doubt that Gracie can taste what she eats. One example is cheddar cheese. Now we all know that cheddar cheese comes in mild, medium, and sharp varieties. They all look the same, but Gracie will not eat sharp cheddar. When she sees me slice a piece a cheese she immediately chirps and comes for a bite. Once I had sharp cheddar and she just spit it out. She always eagerly eats the mild. This was not a one time thing. She always devours the mild cheese and spits out the sharp. She must be tasting it.

I agree as I posted earlier Fergie like shrimp and pork ramen noodle but not chicken they all are the same just different flavor, I only give a noodle or two not the pack