NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Freeze dried vegies and fruits?

Wingy

I found a local grocer that carries packages of freeze dried organic vegies and fruits. These are plain with no chemicals, additives, preservatives or spices nothing except for the vegie or fruit pictured. I was thinking that they might make a nice occasional snack and be good for the emergency bag because they will keep if unopened. What do you all think? Safe or not safe.

Wingy...these are excellent snacks for ourselves too! I love em. Buddy on the other hand...not so much, but I will crumble them up, then reconstitute it and mix into something he will eat, like yams.

As well as healthy bird mix, I provide freeze dryed fruits and veggies. I also provide fresh fruits and veggies daily. ( I think, they eat better than the rest of the family!) LOL I have never gone crazy with diet, as competition, has made them all appreciate fresh fruits and veggies. Diet, has never been an issue for us. ( Thank God!) Nancy

Nancy I found the freeze dried stuff at Wegmans in the organic section. I've got 3 Wegmans near places I frequent and each seems to stock different things. I've been haunting the grain/rice and organic areas of every darn supermarket looking for Kashi 7 whole grain pilaf and I'm striking out.

Wingy... a healthy diet, is important. Don't go crazy! Provide a healthy seed mix, including freeze dryed fruits and veggies, as well as a fresh selection of fresh fruits and veggies, daily. Diet, has never been an issue for us.

I would focus diet as whatever you choose. They will disagree, and thow food. Ignore the behavior, continue to offer fresh fruits and veggies. They eventually get it. Nancy