NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello to everyone!

Hello to everyone on here. I just started this account. I wanted to tell a lil bit about myself and my Timneh. We live out in Vacaville, California. It's about 30 minutes north of S.F. and 30 minutes south of Sacramento. My Timneh's name is Greycie and she is 4 years old & will be 5 July 9th. I had 2 other male Congo's that I bought from of a different breeder then I bought Greycie. But both of them died with me having them 1-2 months. The 1st one's name was Caesar and the 2nd was Cyrus. Caesar died around September 2008 and Cyrus died December of 2009. I bought them both from the same breeder, they were Cameroon Congos. Which really mean they are just big Congo Greys. The 1st time it happened I figured it was just a freak thing. And I had necropsy done on Caesar and Cyrus and they couldn't figure out really how they died. One said Caesar had hepatitis but it shouldn't have affected him and he should have lived a normal life. They really had no answers just guesses. My guess is the Breeder's birds that they are using for their "Cameroon Greys" must be putting sick babies out. But on a lighter note Greycie, my Timneh, is a lil monster. I love her but she can be a brat, heh heh. Here's a picture of me and Greycie.

P&Greycie.jpg

Hello AryoAsh and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us.

Greycie is a lovely looking Tag from the picture you so kindly included in your intro post and I am guessing she is a little stinker since you refer to her as a monster and a brat. That could describe any one of our greys for they are demanding and know what they want, usually something we have that we don't want them to get a hold of.

I am sorry to hear of your other two greys passing but there may have been something genetic that was passed along to the babies but in your case it just wasn't meant to be. I am sure Greycie is a handfull but her companionship is well worth it if she is anything like ours.