NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are you listening to?

Wingy

I often listen to music when I surf the net. I like a wide variety from some folk music, to traditional jazz to harder rock and pop.

Tonight I'm enjoying a little Mike and the Mechanics. Silent Running is one of my favorites from this band.

So what are you listening to?

I like that first one and am fond of the hits from the 80s and 90s but have recently started listening to a lot of country music, never used to care for it much but the radio station I usually listen to changed to all Christmas music 2 weeks before Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas and that is just too early for that so I listened to country and liked it so much I never went back to the other station when they went back to their normal selection.

You might like Bridget's song then. It has a hint of country and its a little bluesy. I can't wait for her first cd.

I like that first one and am fond of the hits from the 80s and 90s but have recently started listening to a lot of country music, never used to care for it much but the radio station I usually listen to changed to all Christmas music 2 weeks before Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas and that is just too early for that so I listened to country and liked it so much I never went back to the other station when they went back to their normal selection.

• 4 weeks later...

Today has been a Scissor Sisters day after I woke myself up at 3 am singing one of their songs out loud in my sleep. They are a terrific band and I have had the honor of meeting and hanging out with several of the band members over the past few years. The lead vocalist extended an invitation for me to be his "special guest" at a show and that simple kindness helped get me through a very bad time in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOaqEnsl3u0

I'm all over the place when it comes to music - 80s, Top 40 (I have kids), Country - but my staple and most listened to is Contemporary Christian. David Crowder, Chris Tomlin, etc are on in my car most of the time. Amali digs it too ;)

I'm trying to get into the latest Keane cd. I'm just not feeling this one but need to give it a few more listens before I decide. This summers music scene is a bit blah. I can't blame the recording industry for not signing bands and favoring single artists this year. The demo's I'm hearing just aren't good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you watched Lindsey Stirling on U tube her dubstep violin vids are very good, I share Metallica, Seether, Buffy St. Marie and Muse with the FIDS. Hubby plays the Country Western genera for them-ugh.

Edited by Greywings

• 9 months later...

Reviving this thread to share an artist not much known outside of Canada, but he's been making hit music here for 20 years. If you like blues and guitar driven rock you've gotta know this guy. He was discovered by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Here's one of his biggest hits

Here's a little 'side project' he did for years called Colin James and the Little Big Band

(Side note on this. Oh My Gawd, I just realized this special is from 20 years ago. I AM OLD)