NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

First words

dicky601

Herbie is just over 4 months old now and it seems he may have said his forst word. Unfortunately we were not there to hear it!!! We are on vacation and a friend is looking after him. Herbie has been making chattering noises for a couple of weeks now, but my friend is sure he heard him say hello today, he tried to get him to say it again but with no luck.

Cant wait to get back to him and see if he is going to say anything else.

We have bought him some great presents to make up for not being there, we have found a few good shops in the West Village of NYC. We have also ordered a play stand made in florida from the bottle brush tree, which I have read parrots go nuts for. We just have to convince the airline to let us bring it back to the UK.

We have also bought him a harness, so that we can let him have some experience of the garden without loosing him. Does anyone have any experience / tips of these???

It will be interesting to hear what you find him practicing when you get home.

I'll bet you can't wait to get home with all those items you purchased and see if you can hear him say something. :-)

Regarding your question on the Harness, if you purchased an Aviator, it came with a very helpful DVD on how to introduce it to your Grey and the touching methods and practices you need to get him used to and finally how to properly put it on him.