NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bug Spray?

ariisamis

I can't help you with flies other than to suggest a good fly swatter. Spiders on the other hand I can help with. Food grade diatomaceous earth will kill the spiders as they walk through it. It is not a poison but you shouldn't breathe the dust so it shouldn't be used inside where pets or birds are just in case of airborne particles. It is extremely important that you only get the kind that is food grade. http://www.tidbitsandstuff.com/2009/kill-spiders-with-diatomaceous-earth/ Sprinkle it outside around sills and screens, in your flower beds, around your pipes or anywhere the buggies are coming in.

pardon me for jumping this thread... but is there anything that can be used for wasps? (we have a huge wasp problem)

Yes, Control is for Wasp also...http://www.naturechest.com/control.html

Control Aviary Bug Spray

EPA approved, Control Aviary Bug Srpay is for use in homes pet stores, aviaries, and veterinarian offices.

Contains Pyrethrum in a water based spray. Pyrethrum compounds are the safer choice of insect control in aviaries or households with birds. Helps control ants, fleas, spiders, crickets, roaches, wasps, silverfish, gnats, small flying moths, lice, grain mites, house flies and more.

Also EPA approved to control mosquitos, including the species that may carry the West Nile virus.

IMPORTANT INFO: If you are using Control to spray into the air, it is recommended you remove all birds from the room first, and be sure there is no airborne residue present when you return birds to the room.

Thanks Jay

pardon me for jumping this thread... but is there anything that can be used for wasps? (we have a huge wasp problem)

If you have located the nest then you should call a professional to have it removed. If you haven't then you can try using traps. You can make your own or buy them commercially. Here is a good reference http://www.cals.uidaho.edu/edcomm/pdf/BUL/BUL0852.pdf Tips on removal start on page 9.

Jay, I picked up my baby tonight and she uses Control Bug Spray as well. She gets it from the warehouse that is locally for us, but only breeders can go. She is picking up a large bottle for me. Makes me feel pretty good about the product since you both have recommended it. Thanks again.

This is a good thread, thanks. We live in the south and have quarterly spraying by a pest control company. They assure us that the spray is non toxic, but only spray the outiside perimeter, window sills outside etc. I have used Camacide for the occasional ant trail. If memory serves me right, it is made of flower extract, I want to think marygolds, but it is increasingly more difficult to find and I use it sparingly. It is good to have an alternative. And Judy... I laughed about the broom reference, I use mine but not to swat the flying insects, but have been told it is my main mode of transportation. LOL.

Lol @ Katana and her broom. My daughter who is terrified of bugs is a happy young lady now that she knows that there is a bug spray that we can use. Her college semester is over so she will be alone in the house until her younger brothers get out of school, she is not going to use a broom, shoe, fly swatter, newspaper or anything else. She would lock herself in a room away from the bug until one of us got home, lol. She is afraid of a lady bug but not my new CAG or the Sun Conure she has waiting to be weaned. Oh well we'll have our hang ups.