NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I enjoy it

TWIX

Feeding DJ is an extreme pleasure for me. When we wake up every morning and before i eat my breakfast, i go & get DJ out of his cage. He perches on the play-top and immediately starts giving me kisses and bow his head for scratches. I then go to the kitchen and collect some food and back to him. I enjoy giving him food from my hand, he starts his morning with his favorite cheese, then followed by bunch of fresh veggies and then raids his fresh water bowl. Then we exchange a lot of talk and play around the house for half an hour. Although he can be very messy with his eating habits, but it's a joy watching him having fun and waiting anxiously for the type of food i will present to him.

He makes my day everyday.... :)

A little cheese especially cheddar is good for them but not every day, give a couple of times a week and I only give a couple of slivers of the already shredded that comes in a pack, Josey loves cheese but only a little. Otherwise your routine sounds good, you are spending quality time bonding with him and its good to hear stories like this, enjoy DJ.

What a wonderful story. One that I live every morning ith 3 parrots. It's times like that that make all the work so worth it!

Please go easy on the cheese. They can't digest it well and it will make their poops yellow and very runny. My cag gets grouchy the next day if she gets too much cheese and she gets diareaha...

What a sweet rewarding experience you are having with DJ and he with you. I love to know how much he means to you and how he returns your delight. It is the highlight of my day when I read that someone else is enjoying the exquisite African grey experience, or any parrot really. There is something magical about them returning your affection and trust.

I want to tell you a lot more, but my English is not that strong lol, today he was behaving a little different and he started saying hello and I LOVE YOU :) (Not very clear though) I started to compare him to my SUSU, playful and excited to see me. SUSU can say few words, but i guess DJ will beat him to talking. I love Indian Ringnecks but i think i am about to love GREYs more. DJ jumped from the top of his cage and landed successfully on his feet! He was trying to come towards me, i can't wait to see his flight feathers complete and see him fly.

Sounds like DJ is better about the veggies than Ellie is...

On Monday, Ellie said, "Are you working?". Luckily she skipped the second part of the question that my wife usually asks me, "or screwing around?"

Last night, just before her bed time, I put Ellie on my stomach, with her on her back, and scratched her head for about 40 minutes. I was really surprised that she stayed on her back that long. It was just like having the dog on my lap! The only reason that she got up was that I was spending too much time trying to change the channel with the remote control and not scratching her... It was so cute!

Your English and expression are heartfelt and crosses all cultural boundaries, we understand the relationship you have with family and your flock. I do so look forward to your joy in DJ and his affection for you. Those wonderful moments with DJ and Doug with Ellie are a thousand times more enjoyable for me cheering for all your success and may you always feel for your parrots the devotion and love you have every day that they grace your lives.