NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

seed catcher

Sassy

Hey everyone... I want to put a seed catcher on my cage that I picked up... there are square holes on the outside of the base for somethign to slip into. I am having trouble finding anything though... any ideas??

thanks

Sassy

Usually the seed catchers come with the cage, since you picked up a used cage they may have done away with them as some people don't like to use them, you might try contacting the manufacturer and see if you can get some replacement ones otherwise you are out of luck as there are many styles and sizes of cages it would be hard to find some to fit it.

Did you say, in another thread, what brand/model of cage you have?

Unfortunately it is unknown. I asked the guy I bought it from but he couldn't remember. I think I found a solution. I saw a feed dish called tidy seed. It is a plexiglass holder that does not allow seed/food to get thrown out. Not going to drop $65+ for it so hubby is going to help make one.

Sassy

Too bad.

I'm not sure I understand the parts you have but I might be able to answer one question...

Usually square holes are used as an anti-rotation feature for a carriage bolt. This would call for a something like this (note the underside of the head):

carriage-bolt-diameter.gif

Does the seed catcher have the square holes or is it on part of the cage?

(From where did you purchase the seed catcher?)

I haven't bought a seed catcher. I was trying to find one. The square holes are a part of the frame of the cage. It is like the ones the side panel slide into to hold it together. If I have a chance tonight I will take pics.

I may forgo this and build a food holder that my baby won't be able to throw food out of.

Sassy

Hey everyone... I want to put a seed catcher on my cage that I picked up... there are square holes on the outside of the base for somethign to slip into. I am having trouble finding anything though... any ideas??

thanks

Sassy

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Bird+Cage+Skirt+Seed+Catcher&view=detail&id=7C755B5DC86B46308FE0902ACC24B65FCF3A4AE6&first=0