NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello from scotland

just like to say good forum got my 13 week old congo african grey hand reared female to day i am very happy just like to ask when i open the cage she will go on to the play stand on the cage but when i put her on the training stand she will just turn and fly up to my shoulder is it just a matter of putting her back on till she gets used to it any tips will be appreciated i have named her amy :Damy.jpg

Hello San and welcome to our family, so glad to hear you have a baby grey and Amy is precious looking.

You have only had her for one day so give her some more time to settle into her new home, after all she is in all new to her surroundings, new owner, cage and toys, a grey is slow to accept change so take it easy and be very patient while she adjusts. For the time being just let her stay on the playtop of the cage until she shows signs of wanting to go on the training stand.

Is this your first grey, first bird? Please do read thru as many of the threads as you can to learn all you can about these awesome creatures and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks for sharing a picture of Amy in your intro post.