NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Awwww .... Ewwww ;)

Amali

I just got back this week from taking my youngest daughter on a mother/daughter trip to Disney World. Like all parronts, I worried about Amali while I was gone. I left my husband and college aged daughter about a million instructions, and asked about her daily. Amali typically loves my oldest daughter ... but I guess she was nippy and grumpy while I was gone. Well, my first morning home (Wednesday), I uncovered her cage, told her good morning, and immediately - and for the first time - got regurgitated to. Awwww .... Ewwww. LOL I love that little girl!

I just tell her thanks and move on like it didn't happen. I don't necessarily want to encourage the behavior, but it is also natural behavior for them so I see no reason to discourage it either.

Bravo, that is the right thing to do.....Thanks Jayd, Maggie, Spock and the flock.....

I have always thanked my bird for their regurg offering. I now can accept it in my hand. I always praise and sincerely thank Sophie. She is always proud. As time goes on, she does it less and less. I believe it is important to a bird, for you to accept it. ( Certainly, not in your mouth), but this is an offering of love. She's been doing it for a decade. Nancy

I haven't had the honors of this happening to me yet and not sure if I look forward to it. When they do this they actually regurgitate and it comes out of their beak?!?!? Gross hahha

Sometimes it's a dry heave. The best thing to do is just say "Thank you" and don't make a big thing of it. [sorry Nancy] The reason for this is because if you make a fuss or big thing out of a action, especially with a Grey, they will think it's Ok, and continue to do it. Example: A grey bites you, you jerk your hand, yell or scream, say no, stop it in a louder voice than normal, they think you like it and repeat it to get the same reaction...Thanks Jayd