NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tablets with touchscreen and greys

Shoulderin

Hi!

This may sound nutty but many adorable grey Bodhi is obsessed with my iPad and new tablet which is android based. She tries to interact with the screen and when her tongue touches it, it will respond! I let try out a bubble popping game which she seemed to like. Has anyonehad this experience? Should I encourage this? Any game ideas?

I have an HTC tablet and DJ goes crazy over the Ants game, he can catch Ants if he wants but currently they are too fast and his response is a bit slow but he keeps on trying lol. I honestly don't see a problem as long as we supervise the whole thing. Just don't let them bite the tablet & all should be fun ...

There is nothing wrong with this activity at all. Dr. Pepperberg was actually working with Alex in developing a computer based teaching tool for him while at MIT. Granted games are not teaching much accept that they receive a response when they get an ant for example. But, some of the early child games that teach using color selection, number select etc. with voice questions rather than reading may after some practice and working with them help in solidifying those neural connections.

Edited by danmcq

There is noting wrong with this activity at all. Dr. Pepperberg was actually working with Alex in developing a computer based teaching tool for him while at MIT. Granted games are not teaching much accept that they receive a response when they get an ant for example. But, some of the early child games that teach using color selection, number select etc. with voice questions rather than reading may after some practice and working with them help in solidifying those neural connections.

It looks like everyone needs to do some research at which games/apps are most fun (and/or educational) for our feathered babies...

I have an iPad that I use all the time as you can tell by the stupid auto-text in my posts at ties....:( other than them watching bird videos, they show no interest in it unless they are chewing the corners when they think I'm not noticing duh! My cat goes nuts when I play the meow piraña app, you should try it! It's hilarious to watch.

I think it's a great idea. I only have an iPodtouch but I don't let Misty play with it because he is to good at getting inside things! :eek:

I think an Ipad is a much more suitable toy to try. If I was you I would get a screen protector film though!

Steve n Misty