NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why Does Isaac.....

Elvenking

...get all excited when I brush my hair. Isaac is always right with me during my morning routine. It doesn't matter what he is doing, as soon as he sees me brushing my hair, he gets all excited and sometimes pants too. He tries to chase the brush around my head while I am brushing. Then he will pump his neck like he is going to feed me. Often, he does regurgitate a little and I have to hide when I brush my hair. So why do you think he gets so excited.

Lol pikachu... I suspect there are better answers! Personally, I never buy into the sexual issues. I probably would have started to brush my birds hair. My birds have regurged for years! I thank them for their offering. I probably am missing out on their offering, as being sexual. It doesn't really matter, as they are happy that I am their " ROM" Never refuse your birds offering. I believe it is bonding. Nancy

He wants to help preen you?

You know....he may just want to do just that! He does grab the brush with his talon and he gets all gaga. He does a similar act when I brush my teeth. In fact, the very same kind of act. Gotta watch out when I am flossing too.

He does indeed love you as Ray and others suggested. Dayo is also enthralled when I comb my hair, brush my teeth etc.. However, he does not try to regurgitate. He will start panting and going after the comb or tooth brush. This has become a non shoulder time if he happens to be with me in the bath room. I place him on the counter top and let him explore, tap on himself in the mirror with his beak etc. which seems to keep him amused. Sometimes he will ask me to "Comb his face".

My guess is preening can be a social activity, our Too's just love when daughter brushes her hair (down to knees) so do the cats. The Too's want to be brushed and the Greys seem to think of her hair as her wings and get excited when she lifts her hair outwards & up, very funny. One of the Greys enjoys groom hair and hiding under it.

He does indeed love you as Ray and others suggested. Dayo is also enthralled when I comb my hair, brush my teeth etc.. However, he does not try to regurgitate. He will start panting and going after the comb or tooth brush. This has become a non shoulder time if he happens to be with me in the bath room. I place him on the counter top and let him explore, tap on himself in the mirror with his beak etc. which seems to keep him amused. Sometimes he will ask me to "Comb his face".

LOL....so when you put Dayo down he stops? LOL. Isaac wants to get back to my shoulder pretty quick and let me know he REALLY wants to help. I often avoid the regurgitating. But if he gets really carried away, I can get fed. LOL. I love him for his dedication to his companion though.