NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Handedness? Which foot does your grey prefer?

Doug

Right-footed or Left-footed?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Right-footed or Left-footed?

I read that Sulphur-crested cockatoos are exclusively left-handed (footed). I was curious if African greys are uniformly one or the other...

Ellie primarily uses her right foot for food and toys.

What about your bird(s)? Right or left? (Please use the poll so we can track the responses.)

Note: if you have multiple greys, please vote with the most common in your flock... (Sorry, I couldn't see any way to allow more than one vote per person...)

Edited by Doug

it's funny, Archimedes was being bratty today, and chewing on something he shouldn't, I had my thumb on his left foot, right foot free, and he didn't want to use his right food to re-maneuver but couldn't figure out how to use his right foot... which means my boy is 100% left-footed

I first started thinking about it when I noticed that Ellie's right foot is a different color than her left foot. I wondered if something was wrong, but started watching how she used her feet and noticed that she always eats with her right foot. I guess it is just a bit stained from carrots and peppers and such...

Edited by Doug

I got a left footed one i guess. He eats with his left but steps up with his right and since 80% of the time he is eating i going with left! Lol

Ellie does that as well, but in reverse. She eats with her right and steps up with her left.

Looks like the numbers are pretty even for the small sample size.