NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

One side of face flushed and bruising Help!

Lilc5

I notice this past week that one side of my greys face is flushed (pinkish) and it has a few bruises (purple spots) on that same side. However the other side of his face is complete clear and normal color. Any idea what this may be? He is eating normally and no problems in behavior out of ordinary.

I will post a picture later today. Thank you all.th_5be07dfc.jpg"]th_5be07dfc.jpg[/url]

Edited by Lilc5

I agree, a vet visit is in order. Birds hide their illness until it is too late. I am wondering tho, does she have a light on that side of her cage? I have had experience with a few birds having those same effects from a light being to close to one side of the cage, they become sun burned from it. The light should be on TOP of the cage shining down.

Jay and Talon have given good advice.

One question I have, is does your grey have a toy like a bell or other item he bashes around aggressively? The reason I ask, is my grey plays very hard with some toys and at times gets bashed by the bell or other toy leaving a small cut and/or bruising.

Jay and Talon have given good advice.

One question I have, is does your grey have a toy like a bell or other item he bashes around aggressively? The reason I ask, is my grey plays very hard with some toys and at times gets bashed by the bell or other toy leaving a small cut and/or bruising.

My birds do that all the time and the results aren't pretty. The birds don't care because they continue doing it. My opinion is to hold off the vet visit for a few days to see if the color returns to normal. That bruise will take a little longer to go away. Parrots with white faces show pink faces for many reasons. A vet can't do anything about the pink face anyway. He may give a small amount of ointment to put on the bruise but there's OTC products that are just as good.

Edited by Dave007