NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Note or two.

Jayd

Hi, a couple of thing we’ve talk about before I thought might be worth rising again. Often misunderstood is the “Spontaneous Aggression” our Zon’s can show for no apparent reason?

You’re playing with your Zon, and all of a sudden he/she attacks you or someone nearby, or your petting your dog or cat or another bird, even giving you spouse or child a kiss or attention, and “Zap”, your Zon reaches out and nips someone.

Jealousy? I don’t believe so in most circumstances, it’s what I like to call “Maximum Fixation” I feel its selfishness, a need to be the center of attention, the desire to win at all costs. I believe this is a natural trait, along the lines of “Survival of the fittest”, it’s more inherit in some Zon’s then others.

How to safely handle this possible situation is to play in short intervals with a few breaks every now and then for a couple of seconds, also, lose to the Zon, never plan on winning. Believe me this saves hands and hurt emotions.

Weight: Fatty Tissue Tumors Check your fid for possible tumors feels for lumps that feels like a marble or bead that is somewhat soft a spongy. Please remember a Zon needs “Fruit, Nuts and Seeds” in their diet. They also need protein; a good form of this is Chicken/turkey, tuna or salmon. We boil a drumstick and pull off most of the meat; they eat it all, including the marrow. Top this off with cooked brown or wild rice and cooked beans and it make an extremely healthy meal……

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Just curious what you mean when you say to let the Amazon 'win'. I know what that means with my dogs. Letting them when a tug o war - etc...

In the parrot world there's no "Alpha parrot/dog" each parrot is the center of their own world. A Zon doesn't know how to quit or say no. When a Zon goes into overdrive like this they get over excited and with their determination to win, they become over zealous. You can not punish a Zon when they've been over played, they can't understand what they've done wrong.

Edited by Jayd