NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi, new to forum from North of Detroit, MI

Hello Vlmuke and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us.

Why don't you tell us more about yourself and this grey you have, her name, how long you have had her, is she your only parrot, is she your first grey and so forth so we can get to know you both better.

Of course pictures are always welcomed.

Ok, well her name is Fergie, she is about 2 and half years old, have had her about 3 weeks, she very talkative, love to be scratched, for some reason doesn't really play with her toys.

Me, I worked at a pet store while in high school and collage they had a Grey there, wanted one ever since, had a mitred conure for about 15 years never knew how old he was, so I am not totally new to birds, also have a degree in animal science, worked as a zookeeper for a few years, went into the military, had a family now the kids are older, we decided it was now time to get one, now that I have some time to spend on one, learned a few things like what she likes and dislikes, we also have a cockatiel never realized a bird would be jealous of another bird, didn't realize birds did that, and the wife too she sometimes gets jealous of the bird too LOL, will post some pics here soon, I have done a little bit of exploring on the forum so far so good

thanks for the welcomes!!!!

Edited by vlmuke

Please do browse the forum for you will find lots of useful information that may help to answer some of the questions you may be having and I look forward to seeing some pictures of Fergie when you get the chance to post them.

Yes birds can be jealous, my sun conure is jealous of my other two birds especially the tiel and she will run her off when she gets the chance, they jockey for the attention and affections.