NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Who lives with who?

Guest Craig Katherine

Guest Craig Katherine

Wondering if anybody out there has or is keeping African greys with other birds/pets in an aviary, eg

African grey and in the bottom of the aviary say rabbits? or Quaker parrots flying free with Africans.?

Many thanks.

I do know of several people who have an outside aviary that their birds spend time together in one enclosure for short periods of time but they are supervised as you just never know what could happen but different species of birds and a lot of the same species must have a cage of their own for they usually won't get along with one another and that is especially true for greys. We also have some members here who have bird rooms where they are all out together but still they each have their own cage and are supervised when they are all out together.

I have a bird room and my three TAG, CAG, and ZON are free flighted there all the time. I have noticed what they are very friendly with each other when I am not in the room or in the house. As if they are just waiting for me to show up and cause a ruckus for my attention and amusement.

We have four parrots 1 CAG, 1 BFA and 2 tiels, 3 cats and at this time only one dog.

When the birds are out the cats are in the basement and the dog runs for cover.

If the cats were out I`m sure they would run for cover also.

I just assumed you could put any species of bird together in an aviary , i would not of thought you could have rabbits at the bottom though as iam sure they see most birds as a predator so it would make them stressed,i could be wrong though??