NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Head Shaking

cindyscharlie

Hi. head shaking is common in greys, Some shake their heads as if there's water in the ears. No one really knows why they do this, and it seems to be normal. If your bird is doing this excessively it may be a sign of an ear or nasal infection but i wouldnt worry to much my three shake their heads.:)

Guest briansmum

yes i think so, mine does it when he's refreshing himself after being in one position for a while, if a feather feels out of place, he's eaten something funny tasting or cold, to get comfy when settling down, it's part of his stretching routine, when he has a general fluff he shakes his head, when one of his own feathers floats by he freaks and this usually triggers off head shaking, if theres mushy food stuck on his beak and he can't get it off.. the list goes on LOL your grey is probably doing it for similar reasons :)

Guest briansmum

it wouldn't surprise me if i was, we're a bit rock/metal in this house :P

i realised i didn't actually know why they do it so i just listed a bunch of reasons i have noticed him doing it. LMG is right though cindy if it is excessive it could be a nasal or even ear infection. but it would have to be excessive for it to be that

Radar shakes his head when he tastes something he really likes. He will take a nibble, his eyes get big, and he shakes his head yes. And of course, goes back for more.

Seems there are many reasons for head shaking. :-)

I know that Dayo and his siblings in the 2 clutches of 6 Greys, would all shake their heads when sampling various foods. I am not sure if that if the Grey version of a human baby wincing as they do when the taste of something surprises them or if they are simply shaking off excess food and it then splatters on walls, us and everything else. :-)

So far, I can't even get Dayo to move his head in rhythm when I try to get him to boogie down with me to me bump and grind music .....

laurelhardy.gif<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/09/28 14:31

laurelhardy.gif