NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is Archie ok??

xSarahx

I come down stairs this morning to see this on Archie,is this something i need to take him to the vets for do you think or what??,he is flying ok and being his normal self but this morning i was very worried,i did try doing this post then but i couldnt get the pictures to work on my laptop,anyway,the blood has gone now so what do you think??i have put a picture of his perch up as that is the only different thing in hes cage , no feathers, he does have red grapes in hes fruit bowl

7013363423_78fb5078cf.jpg

Top of wing

7013362975_4df2aebb92.jpg

6867250964_1c5c8dd3db_n.jpg

Sorry they are abit blurry i had to be quick cas he kept trying to eat my phone

In my opinion it looks like some grape stain is on his feathers, how it got there well maybe he was eating one and he turned to tend to a itch or it was flung there but if he is eating and playing like his normal self then I doubt it is blood from an injury but do keep a sharp eye for a while. I personally would not be feeding too many grapes for they are full of sugar and not much else, there are far more healthy foods he could be eating, a grape is fine for a treat now and then but not a regular part of their diet.

Thank you everyone , i panicked this morning,

he has been hes normal self all day,i did check it over but i couldnt see anything so mayby it is just residue from the grapes,but i will keep my eyes peeled,i thought they could have as many a day as they liked so i always leave about 8 in his bowl over night,i wont be doing that now!

Hey all! Don't stray from feeding your birds red grapes, red raspberries. We all learn! I could get a call from kids that birds looked " blue", meaning they weren't getting enough oxygen. Geez... they just were eating blueberries! Always look at your bird, see a difference in their breathing and mentation. My kids learned, and they were young. They learned quick! We are all capable of learning. Nancy

Iam intrigued as to what happens with watermelon as Archie wont touch it ...

I didnt realise they could stain their selves , it was the first time i had seen anything red on him so just assumed it was blood,now i no if i feed red not to panic straight away,but no dought i will find something else to panic about lol