Peanut Butter

Talon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I gave Ellie peanut butter only once. She managed to get it all over her beak (and some on her head) and spent a lot of time trying to wipe it off. On anything. Including me...

I give her peanuts in the evening (in her foraging toy - she's greatly amused and the dogs eat all the shells that she drops so they're amused as well...)

She has peanut breath at night...

I may try some more tomorrow during breakfast preparation....

Is Talon possibly related to my husband? That's how he likes his peanutbutter too! She probably doesn't put the lid back on when she is done either... another similarity? Plus, he gives peanut butter to his hairy two too. We have two little dogs and the highlight of their week is when dad comes home and puts peanutbutter in the kongs. Love love love the peanutbutter thread.

I gave Ellie peanut butter only once. She managed to get it all over her beak (and some on her head) and spent a lot of time trying to wipe it off. On anything. Including me...

I give her peanuts in the evening (in her foraging toy - she's greatly amused and the dogs eat all the shells that she drops so they're amused as well...)

She has peanut breath at night...

I may try some more tomorrow during breakfast preparation....

Doug! Where have you been?! You were missed!

Doug! Where have you been?! You were missed!

Awww. How sweet!

I was in Italy for a couple of weeks and a bit cobbled after that. Nothing aggravates a foot problem like walking around Venice for six hours a day for a couple of days...

Super-cute, Talon! I must confess, I've been known to snack on peanut butter straight from the jar before as well!
:eek: lolol ... my family isnt big pnb eaters :( but Marco and I will be for sure :D

Awww. How sweet!

I was in Italy for a couple of weeks and a bit cobbled after that. Nothing aggravates a foot problem like walking around Venice for six hours a day for a couple of days...

awww hope your foots feeling better ... love following your posts ... welcome back

The past couple of days I've given Ellie little peanut butter sandwiches. I cut a piece of sandwich bread into sixteen pieces and used two for the PB sandwich. I put the rest of the pieces into a bag for other mornings...

I don't know how much she actually eats, but she has fun tearing it up.

In the morning when I am preparing Biscotti's vegetables I talk to him about it, what I am cutting etc.. Sometimes I ask him if he would like his vegetables or steak & potato's for breakfast. He is able to say both, "vegetables" & "steak & potato's" and says them frequently in & out of context. Well, this morning when we were talking & I asked what he wanted he said--- "steak and peanut butter!! " Cracked me up, I love the way he combines his words sometimes. So much fun!!

Guest XxExoticPsychExX

I didn't know they could have peanut butter, let alone steak! Any specifics I need to know of? Like what ingredients are in the peanut butter or how to cook the steak?

Peanut butter is very fattening and really not good for them. But in small amounts, it is fine. I put a tiny amount on toast

for them. Talon eating out of the jar, was a one time fluke. Steak is fine, just no mushroom, garlic or onions.

I haven't tried it but some say there is a peanut butter out there in the stores that has red palm oil in it, now that would be a smidgen better than regular peanut butter.

Also about the steak, its best not to feed too much red meat to greys, better to make it chicken or turkey, it is better for them and us when you think of it but then I like a good steak.