NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Just a happy post :]

SaladNinja

Cody missed work today since he isn't feeling well, and I've been working on my thesis all day. I've been watching him & Noodle sit on the couch, watching Fawlty Towers and playing for the past 3 hours :) Its just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Cody doesn't realize I can hear him (I have headphones on) but he just has these sweet little conversations with Noodle and feeds him little treats of whatever he's snacking on. I love my boys so much; days like today make it ok that Noodle isn't as close with me, because I can see that he's happy and so, so loved :o

Nice to savor these unexpected moments. Noodle is charming Cody and making himself right at home. It gets better, even if you are not the favored one, he will entertain and delight you and one day before you realize it is happening, he will be your buddy too. It is a happy post, hurray for all of you.

Awe. Everyone needs moments like those! They are some of the best. A couple of weeks ago, my husband had Ziggy on the bar petting and talking to him. There was so much that he SHOULD have been doing around the house while he was home...but I just had to let it go....they spent 2 hours enamored with one another. Ahh...those moments.

Those special moments are sooo important! I promise, it will be your turn eventually, when you don't expect it! What makes a special parent is the one that is willing to " sacrifice their own special time", for happiness for their bird and another family member. When you aren't looking....they show you how important your sacrifices are. I have always fed Sophie, kept her safe, disciplined her. I was her mom (Rom). I'm reaping the rewards years later. She still loves Ryan to death. BUT.... I am her mom, and when and if she is afraid, she knows who is going to be there in a heartbeat. Nancy