NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Is it possible?

chezron

Pancho looks out his cage unto our deck and directly out to a hummingbird feeder. The other morning he was staring out and making "concerned" noises. I thought there was a predator or something, but there wasn't. I finally noticed the feeder was almost empty. I cleaned and filled it and that seemed to satisfy Pancho, who got much calmer. Is it possible that he was caring for the hummingbirds? Really wild but it is the only thing that makes sense.

The best way to get an answer to that is by emptying out the hummingbird feeder, putting it back outside and watch the bird's reaction. Make sure you do that when you know hummingbirds are around. Also watch the bird's reaction when the feeder is moving.

As far as predators, a parrot won't growl as the predator gets closer. It will immediately screech and flap it's wings no matter whether the predator is far away or near. All the parrot has to do is see it. Their eyes are the best. If they can't see the predator but sense that it's around, the parrot will become extremely quiet and very still and wait. The thing that's around doesn't even have to be a predator. It could be deer, dog, cat, rabbit or person. Anything that's not part of the family.

Edited by Dave007