NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird Bath or Litter Box?

Ronald Byrd

So I have a few of these in storage from the ferrets' cage. They don't use them. I mounted it in the corner about the same height as Papito's favorite perch. He hasn't used it yet but I'm hoping he will because it must be frustrating for him to try to fit his big behind in his water dish.

My thinking is that the bowl on the bottom of his cage doesn't work because he doesn't like going to the bottom of his cage. This litter box is shallow, has one low side, and can be mounted higher up in his cage. Worth a shot.

http://www.petco.com/product/5300/Petco-Small-Animal-High-Corner-Litter-Pans.aspx?CoreCat=MM_Ferret_BeddingLitter

• 2 weeks later...

What an excellent idea! Thanks for the suggestion. Jocko is always trying to use her water bowl as a bath also. I've been trying other items but with no success. Our last venture was a large shallow 'exo-terra' dish intended for reptiles. What would be really cool is something that would attach to her playstand!

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo! Stewart took his first bath in there yesterday! And my floors stayed dry! I used one of the bowl holders to support it and allow him to feel secure if he did go in it and i have just left it in there, changing the water out of course, and he got in and splashed around! It works so good i got a larger on for my macaw, that one i have on top for him, fingers crossed he gives it a shot!