NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Reputable Breeders?

Hello everyone! I am newly registered to these forums although I have been using these forums to educate myself on African Greys for about a year now. My boyfriend and I are closing on our first home at the end of this month and my birthday is just a few days after- I think I am finally ready to start making steps toward getting a Grey of my own! I have been looking at a breeder in California that ships (I live in Georgia) called Aves International. I have heard that the woman there breeds wonderful birds, but my main concern is that I have also heard she isn't very communicative. She doesn't give you updates on your baby and even charges for pictures. Does anyone know of Aves International? If anyone knows of any good CAG breeders in the United States in Georgia or that would ship to Georgia, please share! Thanks in advance.

It's really difficult to give a thumbs up or down concerning any company that sells through shipping. Yes, they have birds to visit but in your situation, it'll be shipping. A person should really see the bird in person, not through pictires on websites. Most people don't like purchasing a bird sight unseen. I personally think you should stick with your state and even if difficult, make the effort to see the live creature that you're gonna purchase.

Here's a list with phone #s. Check out this places and ask lots of questions. Maybe you'[ll come up with something good.

Good luck.

http://birdcage.net/bird-breeders-georgia/