NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Archimedes went outside today!!

snoepgoed123

We've been using the harness inside with him since before he came home, and he's pretty much comfortable using it (aviator harness) and today is really nice (66f/19c) so I figured I could bring him outside for a few minutes, just to see what he would do. Well he had a bit of a death grip on me, he did NOT want to let go... I put him down in the grass and just stayed there, didn't move... and he wasn't liking the wind.... it was his first time, so I wasn't expecting him to be excited right away... heck, I would've been surprised if he was... so within 5 minutes, I brought him back inside, took the harness off and let him just relax... part of me wanted to take pictures, but those can come later, today was more of him seeing the outside world

yea, Archimedes needs to experience something 3 times before he's comfortable around it... 3 times with the harness, 3 times with new foods, 3 times with my chinchillas... next time I'll take him out for maybe 10 minutes, and then next time 10 minutes as well.... All I'm giving him is a taste of the outside world.... I'm excited to take him to the gazebo... but that's at the other end of the street, so we'll have to work up to it... also I know there are a lot of predator birds up in the sky, so I wanna stay close to home incase one of them pops up, I don't wanna scare him