NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

great new(er) movies

BMustee

I don't go to the movies very often but I have seen a couple this year that are worth talking about.

My first fav for the year is 300. I love everything to do with that time period. This movie has it all...great story line, beautiful layout (all CGI), blood baths, and 300 buff men in leather Speedos and capes...CAN IT GET ANY BETTER?!?!? I loved Troy and the added bonus of Brad Pitts butt was a plus, but the Spartans don't just whoop the Persians, they are better than Pitt too.

Next is Transformers. Also has a great story line and great graphics. I was really worried when I went to see it because there was just so many kids in the theater, so I thought I was going to be bothered by them the whole movie...but it was such a good film that I didn't hear a peep out of one kid for the entire movie. But, there is a flaw...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO JAZZ?!?!?! I mean come on...a Pontiac Solstice!!! If it had to be a GM vehicle then he should have been the Corvette...WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING???? In the cartoon he was a Lamborghini or Porsche (depends on who you ask). He looked like such a weenie in this film.

Lastly there is Super Bad. I have not laughed so hard at a movie in years! It does have some raunchy language, but it sounds just like real teenage boys conversations. I was worried it would be one of those movies that are made for 13 year olds, but the critics were right and it was hilarious to me and my boyfriend...I'm 22 and he is 31. I don’t think it would be for everyone, but if you don’t mind hearing what is really going on in a teenagers head then you should be good to go.

So, does anyone have any thoughts on these movies, or seen one you think should be mentioned?

I liked 300 so much, I purchased it :-)

I like the previews of Transformers and am dieing to see it!!

You just added another to my list of "Must See" with your comments on "Super Bad". I love comedies containing several belly laughs!!!:woohoo:

Thanks for starting this!!!

I've never heard of it ether...I'm not a big cowboy fan though.

Llama - I don't do drugs, but sometimes things are better when the people are on them...like KoRn and STP. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's an old movie but if I could only watch one DVD for the rest of my life it would be American History X. I think it should be mandatory for everyone to watch it.

Guest briansmum

i liked 300, something about the way it was done, but i LOVED transformers, so much i saw it twice, can't wait for the DVD. havent seen superbad yet but i will.

i would also reccomend 1408 with john cussack and samual l jackson. it's about a haunted room in a hotel but it focuses more on the psychologic side of being haunted then the goolish gary side. cussack is brilliant in it.

Guest briansmum

cussack plays a failing "horror writer" who spends nights in various hotels writing them up with a spook scale for his books, he gets wind of a hotel that has one particular room said to be extrememly haunted, there have been many deaths there. but the hotel does not want anyone to stay in the room. anyway he gets himself a night there.. and well you have to see the rest. i was gripped, like i said it's more psychological focussing on his madness in the room and indiviual fears than more horror films, while still being chilling with a few "jumpy" moments.