NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Baby Grey

ariisamis

My TAG remained at the breeders until she was 4 months old. Her breeder kept her for a full week after she no longer wanted any formula to make sure she would not revert. My CAG was 5 months old when I brought him home and he was still having 1 evening feeding although he was eating "real" food too. He ate his evening formula for less than the week, I think he just enjoyed being handfed. To me it is a great/loving breeder who abundance feeds their babies until they no longer want to have any formula. There is no required timetable.

I don't believe any bird should come home, before sixteen weeks. That is the erliest! Nancy

There is "no" set age to bring a Fid home...They all age differently...A parrot 'Must be "Fully Fledged" and "Fully Weaned" for more than a couple of weeks!!! I've re-raised fids that were on 1 feeding a day at 40+ weeks because their diet wasn't right while being hand fed by their original Paront. No mater how much you want a baby parrot, please follow the "Fully" rule....Thanks Jayd

Thank you for the feed back, and don't worry as much as I want her home I would not dare try until she is ready. I want what is best for her, I can look at her empty cage as long as it takes her if that is what it takes to have a happy healthy fid. just wanted to make sure that this was normal.

Thank you for the feed back, and don't worry as much as I want her home I would not dare try until she is ready. I want what is best for her, I can look at her empty cage as long as it takes her if that is what it takes to have a happy healthy fid. just wanted to make sure that this was normal.

you are just an excited parront and that is GREAT ... it is such a long wait but it will be SO worth it when shes super healthy and weened and ready to come home !!!!!!

Aww, what a little cutie. It is just the best that you can visit weekly and pick up tips from the breeder about handling your baby. By the time you get this adorable little bundle home, you will be a pro. The last week is the hardest, get some sleep now because you will be too exited to sleep once you get the word that the time is coming. Waiting and waiting was hard but the homecoming is worth it. You are starting an incredible journey, congrats.