NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

CPVC Plastic Gym

Guest danielsingh

Guest danielsingh

Hi thanks talon,

I made this all by myself, I did a google search and found some pictures for the sisal rope net

and then decided to mimic it and for 1st time I think its come out great and my CAG baby loves it

even though its not climbing completely but she uses it to climb down the perch.

I wanted to make a 3 level 6footer high gym but could not find the proper part to construct it

so with limited part available here I tried this T stand with circular steps perch and KOKO does

climb upto 4 step out of 8 steps.

I have also made a table top perch will update the picture soon.

• 4 weeks later...

You might want to use vet wrap or something to wrap the caps at the ends and the "T" at the top. Those fittings are very slippery. (That's something that I had to modify on my play stand.)

I doubt that you'll be able to keep the tape in place (and I'm not sure that the tape - electrical tape? - is parrot-safe). You need to learn the tuck-and-wrap technique to finish wrapping the twine without it getting loose. You'll want to do it at an open end (instead of working towards a "T"). About three wraps from the end, cut it about 10 cm longer than you need. Put the end parallel to the tube you are wrapping and then do the last three wraps over this piece. You'll immediately see why you need to do this at the end of the tube - since you have a closed loop! After the last wrap, pull the end tight and trim it close.

Great job!

Edited by Doug