NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ron, Lisa, and Papito

[ATTACH]21675[/ATTACH]

Hello everyone,

I joined a couple weeks ago and started with a post in the training section. I just wanted to officially introduce myself here. We got a 9 year old CAG from an older couple who wasn't able to care for him anymore. His name is Papito. He has done so well in the past couple of weeks that I'm quite shocked. I did tons of reading about caring for a CAG and expected weeks or months but I was so lucky to have Papito on my arm within 2 days! He sits between us on a perch I made on the couch. He leans over and kisses us for treats by putting the front of his beak on our arm or cheek and makes a kissing sound. He whistles and talks to us when we leave him in the living room alone. But the most shocking behavior I've seen is when we took him to the vet for a checkup...

I expected to have a real angry bird in the car, at the vet, after the vet, and for the rest of the day.... While we were sitting in the waiting room he was greeting the staff "hello" and posing for them. He grabs the cage with his beak and one foot, then lifts his wings an inch or two and shakes them all while he is making a noise or whistle to get your attention. When you say "pretty bird" he will change positions and do it again. We went into an exam room, he greeted the vet as she got close "hello" got out of his cage and got his nails clipped and a few flight feathers clipped. He growled a little bit but no squawking or loud growls. When he was done I offered my arm and he stepped up. I put him in his cage and while we were checking out at the front desk with a clean bill of health he started posing again. For the rest of the day he was happy, playing, interacting with us when I expected him to be angry for the rest of the day. Remember this happen only a week after we got him.

To put the cherry on top of the ice cream..... He says "Thank you" after he steps up on my arm. It's the only time he says it but it's so freaking cute.

Hi Ronald Byrd and welcome to the grey forum to you and Papito.

It sounds like Papito is a very happy grey and very out going when it comes to people.

Papito is a good looking CAG and he is going to change your life for the better.

Any time you have a question just post away and we are here to help all we can.

Enjoy your new life long friend

Hi, Papito sound like a very loved and cared for re-home. It is always a shame when a parront has to give up a loved grey. I am delighted to hear that Papito has a new and loving forever parront! Looking forward to hearing more about your new companion. He looks quite handsome in your signature line as do all of your other friends. Welcome to the Grey family!