NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Water?

CharlieB

Hi, I'd like to know how often do you guys change water for Grey if the water is not dirty? Do you guys use spring water or tap water?

Has anyone here ever added a little apple vinegar to water for Grey? One of the owners, also the breeder of my local bird store where I got my Grey from told me to add a few drops of apple vinegar to the water for helping the birds to clean out their system, but I hasn't done it.

Edited by CharlieB

My grey Corky never gets her water dirty so it`s once a day. My amazon Cricket dips her pellets in the water when she eats so it`s twice a day or more.

Now my cockatiels poop in their water and their food dish all the time so we are always changing their food and water.

CharlieB are you asking about breeding greys or family pets. We are not breeders here. I change my parrots' water twice a day, dirty or clean. They need fresh water available just like people. If I see that it is messy/dirty, I change it regardless.

Edited by luvparrots

I change my parrots water 2 to 3 times daily. They normally drop food or sometimes even poop in them, so we monitor them through out the day.

WE do occasionally add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to their water. Normally about 2x a week. It was recommended by our Avian vet and is healthy for them.