NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bananas

Mistyparrot

You did not do wrong, Some birds just like you to feed it to them.

When we have breakfast we always put out their own plate, but my grey and my amazon will always come over and eat off ours.

They will not eat off their plate untill ours is off the table.

It`s like they see us eat off our plate so it must be good and the food on their plate must be poison.

Edited by Ray P

Normally at meal times Misty has his own plate on a small table by his tree and I sit near and have my plate on my lap.When I come in with our food Misty flies to his table to wait for his plate. Generally he eats off that but when I have finished he will bring a grape or apple slice to eat on my now vacant knee! He often gives me the morsel to hold for him. His dinner is often based on mine so I avoid salt and fatty things although he likes roast potatoes. When I have fish he get the head. I am so grateful that he does not bring that to my lap!:eek:

Steve n Misty

Edited by Mistyparrot

Misty loves bananas but the problem is that he will only eat if I am holding it for him!

So I invariably end up covered in banana! I wonder where I went wrong?:confused:

Steve n Misty

My 3 birds are te same way......Steve, it's called SPOILED!

LOL Steve! Misty just loves you and enjoy's sharing/having food with you. :)

Dayo is the same way. In fact, somtimes he will have some type of food in one Talon, then walk lean over and want a bite of whatever I have as well.....just to make certain mine is the same as his I suppose or he is trying to get more than his share. :P

Afraid they couldn't care less how much mess they make, only that they don't get any on themselves. Phenix was like that when he first started to eat real food. Would not touch anything that got on his face or feet. When I wanted him to try any type of messy food, I'd have to hold it. I didn't mind. I loved to watch him take those dainty little bites. I was also just psyched that he was finally willing to try things.

Somewhere along the way he apparently figured out how to handle foods so that he rarely has anything stuck on his beak. Very neat eater from that perspective. But he still manages to get food all over every else.

Ahh, there is nothing like the sticky pineapple beak kisses. Unless he does that after eating a pepper, true story, when i first brought him home i thought i may have been allergic to him because my face and lips would burn after i handled him, took me a few days to figure out it was the red peppers he adores! Lol I also use to think Stewart kissed in a swipping motion across my lips/face, now i know he is just cleaning off his beak!